July 4, 2012

Happy Fourth of July!

Since moving here in Germany in 2008, my husband and I have always attended our military community's 4th of July celebration. It has become a must for us (self-imposed) to go out to Kessler field and celebrate America's Independence Day together with the rest of the people in our community. To me the highlight of the celebration is, and has always been, the fireworks display. I love the scary loud sound and the amazing beautiful lights in the dark sky.

Last year, my husband missed the celebration due to his deployment to Afghanistan. However, my parents were both here and so it wasn't that bad for me and my daughter but we missed daddy so bad and wished he was with us.

I couldn't find a patriotic-themed outfit for her so I improvised!

This year is my daughter's third 4th of July. Apart from that, it is our last celebration here in Germany. Just thinking about finally leaving this country next year makes me want to weep. This has been our home for five years. My husband and I have created too many memories here. Okay, I need to stop before I dive deep down into the sea of drama.

Going back to the photo above, believe it or not, the improvised patriotic-themed outfit I came up with cost me almost $30. The white dress was from H&M and the red and blue ribbons were Hallmark brand and they are not cheap. So this time, I made sure I'd be dressing up my little one with something budget-wise and mommy-made.

Total cost of this toddler romper is $7.
I added hidden pockets on both sides. Aren't
they cute?! My label has to be there too!

And here is my little darling playing at the giant bouncy. This particular one is for big kids, 4 and above I was told. I was so scared for her sorrounded with kids way bigger than she is but she won't play in the toddler bouncy.

My fearless princess.
She finally took a break
and gave mommy a cute face!

The break was actually real short. She headed back to the bouncy and played non-stop. Even when we, together with our friends, moved to a location closer to the open field she kept asking every one to go with her to the bouncy.

Before the fireworks display began, I played with shooting night lights for the first time. This is how my shot of the post and street lights turned out. I'm quite pleased with it.

This was shot using Manual mode, ISO 200, F-stop f3.5,
Exposure 10 seconds and Focal length is 18mm.
One of my fireworks shot.

Happy birthday America!

2 comments:

  1. Emerita CorpuzJuly 13, 2012

    Joy, great job on your blog!!! Also, Skye is big now. She's so pretty and she loves picture taking huh...nasisiyahan naman laming panoorin siya...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emerita CorpuzJuly 13, 2012

    JOY, GOOD LUCK ON YOUR BIG DAY!! SKYE, WATCH RYNE, YOUR LITTLE SISTER, AND JEFF, BE PATIENT, DRINK YOUR VITAMINS SO THAT YOU HAVE LOTS OF ENERGY CHANGING DIAPERS AND HAVE LESS SLEEPING TIMES...BUT MOST OF ALL, "CONGRATULATIONS" TO THE THREE OF YOU. WE LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU ALL.. SEE YOU SOON!!! LOVE, MOM/GRANDMA

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...