July 1, 2012

Upcycling: Long Skirt To GAP-Inspired Toddler Dress

We had a community-wide yard sale during the first week last month. My husband and I, together with our daughter, went checking out stuff from each vendor during that day. It was a good excuse as well to go out, breathe some fresh air, exercise and bond as a family. We came home with a bunch of stuff mostly used (and some unused ones) for our coming baby. The good part was I spent less than $20 for everything. I wish I had taken a picture of all the stuff we came home with.

One of those clothing was this long skirt. By the way, I got this for free! The lady I was trying to buy this from was selling it originally for $4. She ended up giving it to me for free. Nice, huh?

Grandma skirt?
I didn't really have anything in mind to turn this into. I would not have worn this as well. Not exactly the kind of skirt I would usually wear. It would have made me look way shorter than I already am.

So Friday last week, I took on this skirt and made it into a GAP-inspired toddler dress. The picture of the dress had been in my iPad photo gallery until I deleted it on Saturday night. I did not plan on blogging about this project, that's why. But I wish I had left the picture alone in my iPad so I could have posted it here as well. I have browsed GAP's website looking for the dress but I just couldn't find it anymore. Most likely it is sold out. If I ever come across an image of the dress again, I will post it here as an update.

My GAP-inspired toddler dress.
My daughter loves this!
And this was what my daughter wore to a friend's birthday party last Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...