August 27, 2012

Summer Splash Bash

Happy Monday! To those who have school age kids, I hope the first day of school went well for both you and your child.

What did you do over the weekend?

My husband and I had originally planned on having an out of town trip but we couldn't resist staying home so we didn't go anywhere. Not drive anywhere, that is. Instead, we went to the Splash Bash event that was organized for our military community. It is an event held every year. I do not know when it was first started but the event on Saturday was my fifth since moving here in Germany in 2008. The weather on Saturday was perfect for the splash event. It was warm and sunny. I looked after Skye for the most part which I really enjoyed. She had so much fun and was hopping from one pool (baby and toddler) to the next (big kids).

So ready to get in the pool.

Waving at daddy while in the baby/toddler pool.

Taking care of his princess.

Splashing!

BMW participated in the event as well. They are giving away a free BMW SUV in October. I wish the lone entry I submitted will be picked. Who knows?! Anyways, we walked away from their tent with lollipops. Skye dragged me to their area a couple of times after that. Yes, for the lollipos. I had to ask one of the staff to tell my daughter she wasn't getting any more after the third time.

Keeping her baby sister close.

A kiss from mommy.

She accidentally popped this balloon with the lollipop stick. Poor baby!

The scene in my house four hours later.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Thanks for reading. I hope you had a great weekend as well!

1 comment:

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...