September 22, 2012

Baby Peasant Dress with matching Bloomer and Headband

My baby turned 2 months old a couple of days ago. But it seems like I was just at Krankenhaus St. Josef yesterday. Time flies. It really does!

For her 2nd month portrait, I decided to sew a peasant dress with a matching bloomer. The same one (you can find it here) I made for her for her 1st month portrait only that I had to make the bloomer bigger to accommodate her growing belly and chunky legs.

Also, I used a different fabric which I bought from our local Arts & Crafts shop. I just like this print a lot! Chevron, is it?


I thought this project will only consume an hour and half (or maybe two) of my time but it took me almost 4 hours. The extra 2 and half hours were spent away from my sewing table to feed my baby. Oh well, that's a mommy for you right there.

So here it is! Peasant dress with matching bloomer and headband. Minus my baby wearing them, although I managed to photograph her super wiggly chunky cuteness.


Abby of Sew Much Ado has a tutorial and free pattern of the peasant dress here. The bloomer is inspired by this tutorial from Fish Sticks Designs. And the headband is inspired by this.

Have a super Saturday!

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...