October 23, 2012

The Poet in Jeff: Waiting for Skye

I'd like to share a poem that Jeff wrote three years ago. A month before I gave birth to Skye.

This is very special to both of us for a couple of reasons. It spoke of the emotional pain we went through because of the loss of our unborn baby and the happiness he felt while waiting for Skye.



Waiting for Skye
(Written by Jefferson Corpuz)
 
With warm embrace
At a timeless place
Dark and empty
Sit, wait, and we frown
Try and try again
Everlasting time passes
Shoulders weighing
With hopeless failing
 
Door opens
Ouch, what a blinding light
Twice we've walked these steps
I walked and walked
'Til the end
Such beauty can't be replaced
Oh Skye, oh Skye
I wait no more.

 
Jeff and I have been blessed with two beautiful girls since. Life is beautiful!
 
Let's count our blessings instead of wallowing on the things we've lost and the ones we couldn't have.
 
Have a wonderful Wednesday!

 

4 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful, what a kind heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is very touching and loving. These are the things that really need to be treasured and preserved. You are very lucky to be blessed with your children, as so am I.
    I am following you from the hop and would love for you to follow back.
    Jillian
    http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jillian, I am indeed! My kids are the only real treasures I have. Thank you for stopping by. I just followed your blog back!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...