November 1, 2012

Do I really have a tall baby?

Skye had her physical check up today.

One of the questions her doctor asked me is if my husband is tall. "He is 5 feet and 6 and a half inches tall," was my reply. I really thought she'll tell me, "Oh, no wonder your daughter is short."

Alas, I was wrong! In fact I was told my daughter's height is at 92 percentile. Tall for her age considering that she is Asian. No offense meant to Asians. I'm one and so is my husband.



We both had our Flu Shots today. Have you had yours already? By the way, I have mentioned that I now have this fear of needles (you can read about it here, here, and here). I didn't want to have the shot. However, I also didn't want Skye to get it with me not getting one.

While we were waiting for our turn, Skye kept saying, "Let's go home, Mom." She really cracked me up. I knew she was scared but I admire her for not telling me. When it was my turn, I wanted to cry. For real! I even told the nurse to make sure it doesn't hurt. Well, it was over before I knew it. It didn't hurt at all.

Here is the highlight of my day. Skye said, "Thank you" after her shot which really surprised the nurse and her trainee. Skye was probably the only patient who said "thank you" to them after being stuck with a needle. I'm the proudest Mommy ever!

What or who made you proud today?

18 comments:

  1. My daughter is very tall as well. She has been since she was born. Everyone tells me I am short. I'm 5'7" and my husband is 6'2" and my daughter is now 6 years old and stands at my boobs. Our doctor told us that at the age of two, you double their height and that is pretty much what they will be when they reach full growth. So she is measured to be 6'1"....she will be taller then me which I had a feeling she would

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, thank you for stopping by. Yours is a family of tall people! I don't really mind if my daughters grow up to be as short as I am. I still love them bunches no matter what.

      Delete
  2. Hi there-new follower here! Found you on That Friday Blog Hop. I wish my child was a bit taller, but than I wish I was too. I am 4'11. But what he doesn't have in height, he has in head size lol. Your photography is beautiful. I also want to become a seasoned photographer!
    www.meetmaxwell.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Gina, thank you. I've returned the favor and followed your blog back. I'm excited to read more about you and your family. If you are into taking pictures already, there are links on the right side of my blog under "PHOTO ESSENTIALS". They are great resources for photography.

      Delete
  3. Thanks so much for the follow!! I'm now following your blog also.
    Happy Blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I didn't get any flu shot at least for the last 2 yrs. Why? cos I get sick after, and I really don't want that cos I have so much to do.But my kids had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Arleth, in all honesty I didn't want to get one but the doctor ordered one for Skye and I didn't want her to have it without me getting it too. So, yeah.

      Delete
  5. Good manners in my three year old makes me proud! Visitng from the Friday blog hop

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, what a sweetie. My daughter throws a major tantrum when she has to get shots!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, she is! She's the most polite little girl I know (I'm biased of course for being her proud mommy).

      Delete
  7. Being petite makes me very proud. Especially I am in Norway and tanan tao GIANT except for my Kjell :) And we must be so proud about that Joy, Asians are known to be cute in height. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhub, I'm proud and happy of my petite frame too. Kaya lang, living in a country where our body frame is not the majority, finding clothes that fit good, if not perfectly, is such a pain. One of the reasons I'm motivated to sew dresses for Skye and mine too (hopefully).

      Delete
  8. Hey There!
    I just started following your blog! I'd appreciate it very much if you could pop on over to my blog and follow me back!
    <3
    Alexandrea
    Shineyourglorydown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexandrea, thank you for stopping by and following. I've followed your blog as well.

      Delete
  9. Oh she sounds so sweet! My little girl is going to go way past me in height, she's chest height at 6. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and following. Returning the love. I stopped by your photography page too, seriously great photos! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there Em, yes my daughter is so sweet. She's mine and her daddy's source of laughter. Thank you for following back. You have a great day as well!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...