November 4, 2012

The Closest I Get To My Favorite Jacket

Have you ever had a clothing item, or anything you owned, that you've given away and years later wished you'd just tucked it away somewhere in your closet?

If you have, then... surpise! We are in the same boat! Glad I'm not alone.

Four years ago I bought a lightweight black utility jacket from Forever 21. If my memory serves me right I got the jacket on sale for less than $30. I don't know what happened to it but it has been missing from my life for years. I've even forgotten about it already. Until last week for some reason it came to mind all of a sudden.

The photo below was taken in December 2007 at the Yerba Buena Gardens in downtown San Francisco. Jeff just finished his boot camp training in Oklahoma and was home for vacation. He took this photo of me... and your guess is right, that is the jacket I'm talking about! Nice? Yes? Or no?


I have been looking for something similar to this one for the past days. I even checked every boutique in the Schweinfurt Stadtgalerie but none came close to this one.

Hours ago, during a break from writing my essay, I browsed the online store of Forever 21 and guess what I found! A hooded utility jacket which by far is the closest looking to the one I had.

There are two things I don't like so much about this jacket though. First is the color. This one is navy blue, mine was midnight black. Second is the faux fur lined hood. I'm never a fan of fur but at least the hood is removable like the one I had.

I just ordered this an hour ago and I'm stoked to see this in person. This will be the only jacket I will wear all thoughout the winter. Yes, even in heavy snow. Probably in the rain too. Or maybe not. 


I'm getting close to the deadline of submission of my essay. I should really be concentrating on writing it right now!

Do you have a favorite jacket? Do you still have it with you or have you given it away? Share your jacket story!

Have a great (rainy) Sunday!

38 comments:

  1. Rainy sunday it is! :) I have a jacket from Jean Paul Joy and it is really a good one, very thick. I was surprised when you wrote that will be your jacket the whole winter season, It might not be so cold there compared to here. But the jacket you just shopped is really nice I love fur, so much. It is detachable I guess so you can hide the fur in the storage room. heheheh! happy Sunday Joy and God bless your Essay writing :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rhuby, I will freeze to death if I'll wear this is the jacket I will be wearing during the winter. Joke lang to. I'm just too excited to have and wear the one I ordered. Naa ko coat nga wool ang material and it's very very warm. It's the one I wore last year during a trip to Dachau Concentration Camp. This jacket I wrote about is perfect for Fall and Spring lang. Have a blessed Sunday!

      Delete
  2. Yes, it's winter time again!! Yes, I have to bring out my Nine West purple wool jacket that I got it from Macy's. I got that three or four years ago. I only wear that on winter time. Take care of yourselves, especially this winter season. I know it's snowing there so much in Germany right now, and some rains too. Good luck on your essay Joy. Sorry, I fall to sleep last night as I was waiting 12:00 to call you on webcam. The time is adjusted one hour backward. Your dad has an extra one hour more of work (OT). O sige, I hope everything is alright. God Bless you!!! ...Love & Prayers, MOM Emmie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mom, we had a time change also last weekend. It's not snowing yet pero it's been raining like every day. The temperature is freezing na rin. Sana hindi na magsnow. Take care too and say HI for us to Dad.

      Delete
  3. Followed back! I have almost exactly the same one, in navy blue, as the one you just bought! I lived in it all winter. And I am dying for a olive green colored one of the jacket you've lost - I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chealsea, that's what I was thinking. I love the navy blue so much already it may become my jacket of the season. But it's freezing here in Germany. We'll see. Thank you for following back!

      Delete
  4. following you back from the gfc blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for joining the blog hop today! Followed you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Im glad your able to find that jacket that you love. when I get things that I love I wear them out! lol. Then it's time to replace it! ahaha. Im following you back now!
    http://www.NavyWif33.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leisure, I'll wear this one out for sure. Learned my lesson! Thank you for following back.

      Delete
  7. Hi Labrijoy thanks so much for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower! I'm now following you too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome Jennifer and thank you as well!

      Delete
  8. Thanks for stopping by my blog and following!! I'm following yours now!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope you are happy with your jacket!! and your essay!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you. I just visited your blog and followed you back!

      Delete
  10. Following you back. Can't wait to read more. Love that jacket. I have a hard time getting rid of my clothes for this exact reason!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello! It is Becca over from Beginning with Becca! I know exactly what you mean with giving away an article of clothing then wanting it back! I have been wanting back a pair of what used to be my favorite sweatpants and I just cannot find another pair like them! So glad you found a jacket you love!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Becca. I'm so excited to have this jacket in the mail. I hope you'll find a sweatpants that's at least closer looking to the one you had. Thanks for following back!

      Delete
  12. Cute jacket - glad you found it! Newest follower from The Things We Find Inside blog hop - follow back if you like moetalksalot.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by. I've visited your blog and followed it as well.

      Delete
  13. Love the replacement! I have a green cargo jacket that I CANNOT live without. I wear it ALL the time. So I get this post a lot. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by from the blog hop, following you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Carrie. I look forward to reading more of your travelling experience!

      Delete
  15. New follower, love the new jacket!

    Thank you for linking up with Super Sunday Sync this week. Hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dawn, thank you so much for coming over :)

      Delete
  16. Hey Darlin! Thanks for your sweet comment I am now following you back :)

    lovinglifeinthefablane.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cute jacket! I have the habit of cleaning out my closet very often. Many time I regret of throwing clothing items out that later I search high and low for similar ones.

    new follower of your awesome blog. Found your blog through the blog hop.

    http://mui28.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome and thank you :) I'm following your blog too!

      Delete

Thank you for visiting my blog. I love reading comments. Feel free to drop a line or two. If you are a blogger, leave a link to your blog so I can check it out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...